Visas and Migration
Welcome to the Australian Immigration Office at the Australian High Commission, Pretoria. We are an overseas office of the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). Our office provides visa, immigration and citizenship services to residents of South Africa and other countries in Southern and Western Africa. To see who is responsible for processing visa, immigration and citizenship services from your country of usual residence see: Country coverage - Africa
Visa Application Process
You should not book flights or make travel commitments until you have a visa to travel to Australia. The department will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by clients whose visa application was finalised later than expected or where an application is unsuccessful.
The Australian Government has announced it will enhance the way visa and citizenship services are delivered using the latest digital technologies. For more information visit the Department Immigration and Border Protection’s website.
- Biometric Collection in Port Elizabeth - NEW
- Skilled Worker 457 Visa Changes - NEW
- Debit and Credit Payments to be Accepted at TLScontact in South Africa - NEW
- Global Visa and Citizenship Processing Times
- Urgent Travel
- Temporary Activity Visa Changes
- Partner and Prospective Marriage - Sponsorship Requirements
- Australian Businesses Operating in Africa - Visa Fast Track
- Polio Vaccinations
- Visa Scams
For information on topics not featured on this site, please visit the Department’s main website at: www.border.gov.au