News, speeches and media
News from Australian Government agencies
- News from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- News from Austrade (the Australian Trade and Investment Commission)
- News from Tourism Australia
- News from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- More Australian Government departments and agencies
News from Australian Government Ministers
- News from the Prime Minister of Australia
- News from Ministers for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- More Australian Government Ministers
Information regarding the Australian bushfires can be found on the links below.
For people travelling to Australia, please refer to the travel advice provided by your country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs http://www.dirco.gov.za/consular/travel_advice.htm
You may also refer to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) website, which has links to relevant state fire and emergency authorities. We advise travellers to follow the instructions of these authorities https://www.abc.net.au/news/
For donations, we suggest the following:
- Australian Red Cross www.redcross.org.au
- The Salvation Army www.salvationarmy.org.au
- NSW Rural Fire Service www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
- Country Fire Association of Victoria www.cfa.vic.gov.au
- South Australia Country Fire Service www.cfsfoundation.org.au
- WIRE (injured animals) www.wires.org.au
- St Vincent de Paul Bushfire Appeal www.vinnies.org.au
For media queries and updates on the fire status please refer to the Prime Minister of Australia’s website (www.pm.gov.au).
To Australia’s many friends and supporters throughout the world who are asking, ‘How can we help?’ we say: keep buying Australian, keep visiting Australia, keep investing in Australia.
For any other queries please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy - Senior Research and Program Officer
The Australian High Commission in Pretoria invites applicants to apply for a locally engaged Senior Research and Program Officer in the Political and Economic Section for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.