Visas and Migration
Welcome to the Australian Immigration Office at the Australian High Commission, Pretoria. We are an overseas office of the Australian Department of Home Affairs. Our office provides visa, immigration and citizenship services to residents of South Africa and other countries in Southern and Western Africa. To see who is responsible for processing visa, immigration and citizenship services from your country of usual residence see: Country coverage - Africa
If you are planning to visit Australia for a holiday during Christmas and New Year you must lodge your application before Friday 30 November for planned travel between 21 December and 5 January, however we urge you to lodge as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Late visitor visa applications lodged may not be processed until the new year.
Visa Application Process
- Making an Application
- Visa Options
- Biometric Collection
- Attending a Business Conference?
- Medical Requirements
- Important Information
The Australian Government has announced it will enhance the way visa and citizenship services are delivered using the latest digital technologies. For more information visit the Department of Home Affairs' website.
- Student Visa holders who changing courses - NEW
- Transit Visas - Lodge Online - NEW
- TLScontact Harare becomes Biometric Collection Only - NEW
- Norfolk Island
- Already granted a visa, but have a new passport?
- Global Visa and Citizenship Processing Times
- Urgent Travel
- Australian Businesses Operating in Africa - Visa Fast Track
- Citizenship - NEW
- Polio Vaccinations - UPDATED
- Visa Scams
For information on topics not featured on this site, please visit the Department’s main website at: http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au