The Department of Home Affairs is committed to improve services and expand online service delivery, and from 1 July 2018 will introduce online lodgement for the Transit (subclass 771) Visa from 1 July 2018. Online lodgement through ImmiAccount will replace out-dated paper lodgement channels.
What is changing?
- From 1 July 2018 online lodgement will be the only option available for Transit (subclass771) visa applications, and you will no longer be able to lodge paper applications for this visa.
- The new form for a Transit visa will include additional questions.
What is not changing?
- Transit visa will continue to be free of charge
- A Transit visa will continue to be a visa option for:
- Applicants transiting through Australia
- Ship crew arriving by air to join a ship